- Tall growing with strong, sturdy stems and numerous branches
- Very high flower productivity
- Being a triploid, Blue Horizon is very vigorous and easy to cultivate, having larger flowers than traditional Ageratum
- Also suitable as a garden plant
- Height about 75 cm (30 inches) with a spread of about 20 cm (8 inches)
ALCEA ROSEA ANNUA SPRING CELEBRITIES
- Spring Celebrities® Series of Hollyhocks is a brand-new dwarf, annual selection of one of the most typical cottage garden plants, popularised in the 19th Century England and admired and enjoyed ever since. Spring Celebrities® is bred by SahinThe plants are compact and bushy, bearing large, semi-double to fully double flowers along the length of the stems The well-formed flowers in carmine rose, purple, lemon and white show a very fresh colour of unique beauty
Hardiness Zone USDA: 5
Market Use: Patio-, border plant.
Point of Sale: Due to its outstanding performance, Spring Celebrities® Crimson has received Fleuroselect Gold Medal. This Hollyhock will be recognized by its compact growth and good basal branching.
Sowing Medium: Lightly fertilized peat.
Germination Description: Sow from January till March in plugs.
Germination Temperature: 20°C / 68°F
Cover: Cover the seed with vermiculite.
Days To Germinate: 08-10
Sowing Period: January to March
Plug Finish Time: Transplant 3-4 weeks after sowing.
Temperature (Day): 15-18°C / 59-64,4°F
Temperature (Night): 12-15°C / 53,6-59°F
Description: Transplant 3-4 weeks after sowing, one plug per pot of 15-17 cm. First 2-3 weeks after transplanting, keep temperatures at 18°C (65°F). Afterwards, plants can be placed cooler around 10-12°C (50-54°F), this will have a positive influence on the compactness of the plant. By watering the plants with just enough water (not too dry), plants will stay more compact. Massive amounts of water will increase the height of the Alcea. Prevent dry out of the pots.
Fertilizers: Fertilize every two weeks with 1-2 gr 20+20+20.
SCHEDULING IN WEEKS
Weeks To Flower From Sowing: 14-16
Weeks To Flower From Planting: 11-13
Height At Point Of Sale: 60-80 cm (2ft–2.6ft)
Insects: Aphids; Whiteflies; Thrips.
Fungi: Rust; Use preventive spray.
“Information copied from the breeder.
Muller will not accept any liability for failure and/or damage as a consequence of incorrect and/or inexpert cultivation by or on behalf of the Buyer.”