Mentha requenii Mini Mint is a spreading Corsican Mint that can be marketed as an attractive fragrant groundcover or lawn replacement that will tolerate moderate foot traffic.
Great for small and/or large containers but also perfect for mixed containers.
It is hardy in USDA zones 7 and above. In mild winters, without many frosts, it will keep its foliage. Otherwise, the foliage will come back in the spring.
No longer available as only vegetative cuttings or plants propagated. Now it is available as multi-seed pellets!
These are easy and economical as they contain just the right amount of seed for growing or plugs/pots. One plug in a 10-cm pot gives a nice fast fill
Germination : 99% (minimum 95%)
Mentha requenii Mini
• Garden location: Shade to partial shade
• Finished height: 0.5 to 1.25 cm
• Finished spread: 15 to 30 cm
• Garden spacing: 15 to 30 cm
• Plug crop time: 3 to 4 weeks
• Transplant to finish: 3 to 4 weeks
• Hardiness Zones: 7 to 9 (10 to 20°F/-18 to -5°C minimum temperature)
• Sowing: Plugs or can be directly sown in finished container. Cover seed with vermiculite or media.
• Germination: 18-21°C
• Days To Germ: 5-7
• Plug Size: 288-cell or larger
• Growing On Days: 22-24°C Nights: 10-16°C
• Pot Size: 10-15 cm pot
• Weeks to Finish: 6-8
• Daylength: no daylength sensitivity
• Note: do not let soil dry out!
“Information copied from the breeder.
Muller will not accept any liability for failure and/or damage as a consequence of incorrect and/or inexpert cultivation by or on behalf of the Buyer.”