Uses: Plants for landscape and rock garden, pot plants, window-boxes, plants for planting in bowls, bedding
- Exposure: Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height: 5″ / 13 cm
- Crop time: 27-28 weeks
- Sow time: According to geographical location and light intensity (north earlier, south later) the sowing time varies around approx. 20 days. Early-Mid July for flowering in pots from autumn. Indoor forcing (frost free): End August-Mid September for flowering in pots from spring onwards. Indoor forcing (with frost): Early August- Early September for flowering in pots from spring onwards.
- Germination*: Stage I+II: 14 -21 days at 15-18 °C, Stage III+IV: 14-21 days at 12-16 °C. In media with very low soluble salt levels and pH: 5.2-6.2. Requires light for germination. Cover seed lightly with vermiculite after sowing. Keep soil slightly moist but not wet. Avoid direct sunlight by shading seed after sowing.
Temperatures above 18 °C will inhibit the germination.
- Growing On: 3-5 weeks after germination transplant 1 plant into a pot (8-10 cm) or packs. The water and nutrition supply can be controlled better in large pots.
- Media: Use a well-drained, growing substrate, pH: 5.5-6.2.
- Temperature: Grow at 10-15 °C or outdoors. Cultivate as cold as possible for a good compact growth. Temperatures above 12 °C are a cause for stretching of shoots. In winter indoors frost free at 2-5 °C or outdoors. Outdoors fleece cover needed. In January the plants start to grow at 8-10 °C.
- Fertilization: Low fertilization levels are required. The roots are sensitive to high salt levels in substrates.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.
The cultural recommendations are based on results from trials conducted under Central European conditions. Different conditions in other parts of the world may lead to deviations in results achieved.
“Information copied from the breeder.
Muller will not accept any liability for failure and/or damage as a consequence of incorrect and/or inexpert cultivation by or on behalf of the Buyer.”